Self Guided Walking Holidays
Saint Cuthberts Way
Saint Cuthbert is a saint of the early Northumbrian Church and has connections with Melrose Abbey, The Holy Island of Lindisfarne and connections with The Farne Islands off The Northumberland Coast.
This walk, takes us from Melrose to the coast, finishing on Holy Island. The route is 60 miles and takes you through The Eildon Hills and The Cheviots as well as along riverside trails. This is a spectacular walk taking the best The Borders have to offer.
Tradionally the walk is done over 6 days, however you can choose to this in 5 to 8 allowing you to travel at a pace that suits you.
- Leg 1: Melrose to St Boswells - 6 miles/10 km
- Leg 2: St Boswells to Jedburgh - 9 miles/14.5 km
- Leg 3: Jedburgh to Kirk Yetholm - 15 miles/24 km
- Leg 4: Kirk Yetholm to Wooler - 13 miles/21 km
- Leg 5: Wooler to Fenwick - 11.5 miles/18.5 km
- Leg 6: Fenwick to Holy Island - 5.5 miles/9 km
Accommodation is normally within 1 mile, 20 minutes of the route. In the unlikely event that we are unable to find accommodation here, we will arrange a taxi to take you to and from your finish/start point. This is at our expense.
- Accommodation on the night before you start your walk as well as each day spent walking. The last night is not included but can be added at £60 per person. Accommodation is in a twin bedded room. There is a single room upgrade available at £50 per person per night.
- Breakfast each morning
- Bag Transfers for each day you are walking
- Baggage Labels
- Guide Book and Route Map as well as Detailed Route Notes
- Emergency Contact Number for Boots and Bikes and contact numbers for accommodation providers
How to get there:
We recommend leaving your car in Berwick and taking the bus or a taxi to Melrose, where your first nights’ accommodation is booked.
Berwick is on the East Coast mainline and there are connections to all major rail and air stations.
Newcastle International Airport is also an easy connection to Rail Services as is Edinburgh Airport.
Note: We regret that we are unable to accept dogs on any of our holidays.
Cancellation and Curtailment:
Please refer to our terms and conditions.
We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance for your holiday. Boots and Bikes cannot accept any responsibility for loss as a result of your cancellation or curtailment.